Monday, August 29, 2005

I Made a Wish

I wanted to post this blog last night but I was just too tired to do so. I came back quite late from the city yesterday. What came out as a spontaneous plan was not that bad at all. Lolly wanted to go for a visit to Cottlesloe for one of her Tourism assignments, and I, as usual is the most "sibuk" one to follow. However, that Sunday morning was "not good" to us because it rained like cats and dogs as early as 7am. Lolly woke me up to tell that our trip to Cottlesloe was cancelled. So, I ended up in bed till mid noon :)  , when I woke up (again) to take my shower. Lolly was so bored and she suggested going to Subiaco. We have not been to Subi, but we learnt that the place has got some interesting places to visit, most popularly known for its array of eating places, cafes, etc. We had second thoughts about going out since it was already 2pm, and most of the shops will be closed around 5pm. We decided not to, only 15 minutes later changed our mind and hopped into the bus a while later, hahahahahahaha ...

We reached the city at 3.20pm and agreed not to shop, but to head straight to the Swan Bells Tower. It was our first time there. I wanted to go up the Swan Bells, but it was kinda of late. And we did not have our camera with us. So, we'll be back for some "actions" soon. Swan Bells Tower is one of the largest musical instrumentss, an 82.5m tower that houses the 12 bells of St. Martins from Trafalgar Square. It is one of the tourist landmarks in Perth and it is located facing the Swan River.

There is a wishing fountain in front of the Tower, and we threw in some coins and made a wish. I wished ... I wished ... I wished ... :)  :)  :)  ... hehehehe ... (not telling you '-) ). Barrack Square Jetty also is just opposite the landmark, and it is the place where you can take the ferry to Rottnest Island and Freo. They have a lot of cruises to go to many different places, ideal for scenic or luncheon cruises. The Old Perth Pier houses quite a number of reataurants also. They look panoramic because they are situated overlooking the ocean, and I must say that it could be a good place to spend quiet moments with you loved ones. Then, we went for a walk at the Council House, Perth Supreme Court and the Law Museum. The flowers and the greenery added to the picturesque postcard mood of the city. I think the place is the known as the Stirling Gardens. And Lolly and I got to stand on the tail of the big brasque statue of some kangaroos there ... hehehehehe. The kangaroos looked startled from their feeding, but one is still drinking. Another one has a baby kangaroo in her pouch and the biggest kangaroo has really long nails. Lolly said it is a male. hahahahahahaha ...

And hey, we walked to Northbridge too - at the north side of the Train Station. You can find a lot of eating places again, especially Chinese restaurants - there's even one restaurant called the Penang Food. And I think a lot of pubs and nightlife going on in Northbridge too. One restaurant that attracted my attention was this place called the Brass Monkey Hotel - looks interesting. Lolly and I never imagined that we'd land in Northbridge ... so much for an unplanned outing. Got to go now. Will be back tomorrow, sweet dreammsss :-]

No comments: