Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Yellow & I


I stepped in. Yellow greeted me. I came to see them. But It was just different. Yellow was everywhere I could imagine ... around them, around me. Yellow was merry ~ common, yet extraordinary ... plain, yet exquisite ... so near yet untouchable ...

I saw them. They looked just like I left them before. I looked at them again, one after the other and I touched them. I have missed them both so very much, every day of my life, And I cried as hard as I did two years ago, that very evening. In the yellowness of everything, I held dear to me the piece I wanted to give them ~ the only piece that I could ever give. That was my promise.

They waited for me, that I was sure. They knew I was coming. They were with me ... next to me ... Everything smelled of yellow, just as every step was yellow. Yellow witnessed everything, all that I wanted to tell them. Yellow also understood my leaving that day. I looked back. I saw yellow.

Yellow smiled at me ...
Just as I knew they did too ...

1 comment:

Sri_Kandi said...

Hey there,

It's really good to hear from you again. I'm glad that you like what I've written. Nah, I am not a writer. The blogs that i put in here are just some accounts of personal self reflections of things that I do and interesting charcters that I've met for the day.

Just like "Yellow & I" - it is one blog that can never capture what I really want to say. Well, you are right in the sense that, yellow does represent someone and something - of which both are especially special & meaningful to me :) I don't think I can ever pen something that is too metaphoric to be understood, hehehehe ... not as creative mate!

And the language that I occasionally use is the Malay language. It's the national language of Malaysia, and also my mother tongue. English is my second language.

So, see ya later.