Monday, October 17, 2005

Dari Temasek hingga ke Bintang

Finally... I decided to go out with my friends again. They called me on Saturday afternoon to invite me again. And what did I do, I politely declined by giving them an "excuse". Being ever so nice, they invited me again to attend Temasek Cafe's Grand Opening yesterday, for the majlis berbuka puasa actually. I thought about it the whole day, and then called K. Yuss that I'll be joining them. Rasa tak sedap pulak, org beria-ia mengajak, ada saja alasan tak nak pegi. Bukannya apa, tak suka menyusahkan org nak menjemput dan menghantar pulang. So, yesterday we went to the city to bukak puasa at Temasek. Pergi berkonvoi gitu, a few cars, dgn K.Ijan & Abg Musa, K. Kiza & Abg Mud, K. Azi & family, K. Yuss & Abg. Ramli, me, Lin and satu Wak ni. Temasek is actually owned by En. Azlee, a Msian. The cafe is located in Wiliam St, but I remember Northbridge better lagi than nama jalan tu. Sampai sana, ada lagi geng yg dah sampai Hani, Eda, K. Pa, dan yg lain2. Ala2 riuh gitu, maklumlah time nak berbuka. Tapinya, abt 40 mins after that, Abg Ramli kata let's go. Hehehehehe, kakak2 and abg2 cam ala2 tak berpuas hati sikit ngan layanan yg diberikan, makanya dorang semua kata let's make a move. I didn't say anything, sbb semenjak berpuasa kat sini, tak cerewet dah bab2 makan. In my opinion, the hosts weren't that ready to receive the guests, and the organisation of the place & the food were not as what the kakak2 and the abg2 expected. So we left.

We then headed to Victoria Park, Vic Park for short. There's a lot of halal restaurants there and oriental shops jugak. Makan2 Cafe is located in Vic Park, tapi we all tak makan kat situ. Wak took us to one Indon nyer reataurant, Bintang Cafe. Wahhhh, my kudos for the owner. The hospitality was great, from both husband and wife. The food was really nice and tasty. And I think the prices are really reasonable as compared to some Malaysian-owned cafes that I have been to, even Temasek Cafe for that matter. We had trout goreng, chicken, beef rendang (or dried kari), and a lot more. Penyudahnya ada goreng pisang panas, that one I tell you ... was the one I like most. The kids had their meals from the Charcoal House, Abg Mud blanje. Ape lagi, memalam makan aiskrim la. But the suasana was really good, rasa mcm makan di Msia, since all of us took our food outside. And riuh rendah with all the laughters, jokes and suara org2 Msia, it felt really at home. Tu semua Wak yg blanje. Might have cost him a lot gak I suppose, since there were easily 20+ of us.

And K.Yuss & Abg Ramli sent me back at 9pm. I told dorang I will be joining them this Saturday, and dah janji ngan K. Yuss to help her to cook the dalca. I am glad that I went with them yesterday. They are my family now.

No comments: