Monday, June 26, 2006

Dulu dan Kini

Today marked the first phase of my stay in the land down under. Hey, I made it here after all the re-shuffling that changed the direction of my whole life. Today, I asked myself - What have I achieved so far?
If I were to ask this same question a year ago, I would have mumbled a lot, trying to sort the answers. I would feel I need to think harder for a simpler answer. Today, I found my answer - a simple answer - and I smiled.
Many friends might have viewed that being away is like a dream come true. Well, yes ... to a certain extent. Personally, being away is a turning point in my life. Sometimes, I feel as if I have one super-power that can conquer the universe in front of me. Sometimes, I find being at the very bottom can be so frightening, so helpless, so desperate. When you start to doubt yourself, that is also when you must really hold tight to what you believe most - even in your sleep. What good is a dream if you don't see the good and the bad.
A year ago, I decided to live a dream that in the first place was never a dream. I choked at the idea of living a new foreign life. I left home with tears welling inside me. Yet, I made my choice. After a year, I am standing on this foreign soil. I look forward to next stage for I have stood up against all odds. I might have failed some, but I am still standing. I feel good.
That's my answer. I have achieved a phase in life where I feel good about myself. The best I've ever felt. As simple as that. What about you?

No comments: