Monday, November 16, 2009

Malam Persada Kencana

I attended a dinner last Friday - Malam Persada Kencana. I was in emerald green that nite huahahahahahaha, bergaya bagai nak rak gitu, well ... tak le over ok, lol. Anyway, a dear colleague drove us to the Gurney Resort Hotel that night. It was raining heavily and the traffic jam was just crazy - via Greenlane, as well as Jelutong. When we finally arrived at the ballroom, the tables were filled up very quickly. Luckily, we managed to secure one, that is with colleagues from the same school (except for George) ... Hehehehe, sorry yek George ;).

I think the dinner went well - by that I mean, the performances and cultural dances were good. We had zapin, gamelan and a contemporary one too. It was indeed a very colourful night, especially for the recipients of the various awards. I liked the ambience, it's been a long time since I last attended a formal dinner in the Malaysian setting. And I also enjoyed the company of my colleagues. They were just a great bunch of people. However, the food was not impressive and the service could've been better.

That night too, I think I was being rather cold towards someone at the table. I didn't mean/want to be rude to him. I just can't afford another wave of gossips going around, can I?

No comments: