Sunday, November 06, 2005

James Bond 007

I am supposedly to attend the Raya Open House skrg ni. Tapinya tak pegi. Sakit perut la, "diarrhoiea" gitu. I felt so bad Thumbs Down
Anyway, I attended my Residence Gala Dinner 2005 last nite. That was my first social formal event here. Well, semi-formal as they termed it. The theme was James Bond 007. I went with my flatmates, except for si Radio Besar - Jane, Lolly, Kath & Fiona. Kath drove us there in her new car. Semua orang bergaya last nite, with dress masing2 and make-up lagi. I thought of wearing my baju kurung, but later put on my skirt and blouse, and the heels. Geeee ... it has been quite some months that I have not put on any make-up on my face, have not used any heels or even have not had the needs to melaram ... until last night. Tiba2 je terasa nak "over" sket. But as usual, my state of being "over" is usually an understatement. Gempak je lebih. But I am glad I did take the time to pamper myself a bit. My dad always reminds me that, try to respect the occassion even if you don't feel like it. By that he means, your attire and your demeanour.
Sooo, there we were. Put on our wristband (if you don't, you will not be served your food), and greeted Tom, Wendy and hubby at the entrance. Tom gave us a pen - with a message in it. The idea was great but it'd been better if they vary the messages Tongue Out . When we got in, nearly all the tables were filled up. We ended up shifting to 2 different places, till we decided to join Lolly's friends from China. The venue for the dinner was actually at the Hockey Stadium. We thought it'd be an open-aired event, only to discover that it has a bar attached to it too. Quite a big one too. No BYO alcohol, but the soft drinks are free flow. Ade finger food and dips. The pies were really nice, the dips were great too, except for the sandwiches. I went for roast lamb and beef, with a bit of pasta, gardern salad, fried rice, baked potatoes, etc. The rice was not good but the lamb & beef roast were really tasty. Tender and succulent. Jane told me that the roast chicken was also good. All the food served mmg halal, as to cater to the Muslim students attending the dinner Thumbs Up Thumbs Up .
I was glad that I put on the dress that I was wearing. Most of the OZs really dressed up to the occassions, though it was a semi-formal one. Tapi ada jugak la beberapa yg ala-ala syok sendiri bawak pistol & machine gun. Hehehehehe ... As compared to Asians, it could easily be seen how different our definition of "semi-formal" was to them. There were those who dressed up really gorgeous, and at another extreme there were also those who just dressed up casually, really really "casual". Saw some cuties too, tapi semuanya mcm budak2. Terasa tua plak, hehehehe Frown . We snapped some pics, and left before dessert. Jane nak balik, and Fiona not feeling well. I knew that Lolly wanted to stay longer though, and as for me, either way was ok. No qualms on that. Well, Wendy told us that there would be a dance session after dinner, and we missed that. Not that I have a date to dance with, but who knows ... LOL Devil Devil Though we left early, I had fun. What a Bond nite ...

No comments: