Thursday, September 08, 2005

G_L_o_o_M_Y and the Complaints

I am posting this from my workstation. It was slightly cloudy this morning, but not as stormy as the past couple of days. So I took a slow walk to the uni. - a pleasant one after 3 days "hibernating" in the flat. Yup, I didn't go to the uni for 3 days, but hey I spent hours on reading in the room you know. I managed to complete a number of articles for my next dateline, and thought I'd just pop into the workstation and do some work.
As usual, the moment I reached the workstation, I exchanged greetings with Sophie and Amin. Marc is not around and so does Sayfol. Sophie asked how I was doing and I said I am fine. And Amin asked the same too and mentioned that it has been cold this last few days. Well, me ... being me ... replied that it has been gloomy for me. I told him that I didn't quite like the wet weather here as it really made me gloomy. Ok fine, we always have heavy downpours in Malaysia too, but I was NEVER gloomy because of rain. But here, with the storm, the rain and the chill, they simply don't help at all. Plus I am very prone of getting sick in this kind of weather. I was coughing for the last 4 weeks and it took me not quite a while to get better, and I certainly do not plan to fall sick again.
Right, that was not that I wanted to say actually. Ok, Amin pointed out that I always like to complain. He said I like to complain about "small things" like the gloomy weather! What a f****** statement! I told him flat that the interpretation of the word "gloomy" is subjective. Surely my saying the wet weather is making my day gloomy is of no effect to him, right ... or did it? He said - that is the problem with researchers - "they" like to make "small things" look "big". Well, that was the first overstatement that I've ever had since I arrived here. Welcome to Perth mate! Life isn't always bright and sunny ok, and I happen to be just one of those who gets easily ticked off when some blanket statements are thrown to me about my personal being. Ok, I was pissed off because this isn't the first time he made such a remark. He once pointed out to me bluntly that I am just being "too hard" on my work here, ie. my studies. That I need to take things less seriously and enjoy. He might have all the time in the world, but not me.
I do things according to my way and I do not like to meddle into one's life. Thus, I'd expect the same from other people too. It's either he enjoys being overly critical, or simply because I have become so great a distraction to him! Hahahahahahaha ... Who does he think he is? He barely knows me, and he says that I like to complain??? I can do that one very well, not that I can't. How??? Like these:
  • He has now made it a habit to invite all his "konco" to come to our workstation here and make it as if it is theirs. Christabel with her loud "annoucement' of her appearance in the room, and there's another man whom I am not bothered to ask for his name. And you know what, they have just made their grand entrance to the room now! Duhhhhhhh ... I so do not want to sound very sceptic or discriminating, but they simply can be so "kampunggggg"! I come from the kampung too, but at least, my kampung has taught me how to behave di rumah orang ...
  • To make it worst, they even talk in their own language - very loudly - without being considerate of others in the room. I always regard my workstation here is a conducive place for me to do my work like when Zi and Istvan were still around. Everyone respects each other's space. That is, not until these two "zombies" came in! So much of being "polite" huh! The weird part is that, they only do that when I am around, not when Marc or Sayfol is in. And that is another reason why I chose to stay in the flat for the lst 3 days - to have some peace when I am concentrating on my readings!
  • And not to mention that he was making passes at me too! Ohhh yeaahhh, he did that. There were a few instances that saw he was trying a bit too hard - sorry mate, I am not interested! There was this one time when he was so keen in introducing his people's music to me, and was purposely reaching for my hand on the mouse many a time, hell I brushed him off! And of his dancing in front of me, ohhhh plssssss! He failed - if he wants to know whether he has succeeded in "getting to me". I might have deprived myself of larger social circle or social life for that matter, but obviously not this kind.
I say, this is one piece of "complaint" about being complained. What a day! Miss Gloomy signing off ...

No comments: