Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sand, Sea and Surfers


There was no regret in getting up early today,Hippie 1ie. early by my standard. Lolly and I took a trip to Cottlesloe - finally. We reached Cottlesloe (located in West Perth, I think) at 11.30am. Luckily, we chose to walk by the beach first before going to the town of Cottlesloe, as we later found that most shops were closed today (except for the makan places). The Cottlesloe beach is just wonderful, and the weather was really lovely. I think I like the beach in Cottlesloe better than the one in Freo. Since this is just the beginning of spring, not as many were at the beach. But you could sense the "feel-good" mood around you - you know - young couples having picnic with their babies, a grandson walking with the grandmother, owners taking their dogs out for a walk, parents taking their kids for an outing, a group of tourists taking pictures, OZ men and women sun basking, lovebirds revealing their innermost feelings (maybe Maneki Neko ) a lonely man in seluar bunga-bunga jogging, gals and boys enjoying themselves playing frisbee, persistent (novice) surfers trying to get a ride on the wave, sexy looking surfer dudesGirl 5, 8 hot-looking blokes playing volleyball - hehehehe ... it felt really good. We strolled along the beachline. I picked some seashells while Lolly enjoyed herself playing with the water. It felt like a very long time since my last stroll back in Pantai Puteri, Klebang. But this time it was different. I used to go for long walks at the beach whenever I need some space to think or whenever I need to be sure of the decisions that I made. I remembered my last walk at the beach. It was when I need to decide about my coming to Australia. There is always this great sense of serenity that I felt when I am at the beach. I felt so much at ease with myself. Today's walk at Cottlesloe put me back into that frame of mind - that I am finally letting myself loose. It felt so satisfying. We later had lunch on the grass, facing the sea. The scenery was really beautiful. I had kebab (sedap) and Lolly had chicken burger (which she said was salty, and without cheese, hehehe). We "tapau" the food from one side restaurant called the Cott. And we also had 2 uninvited yet avid visitors joining us - 1 good seagull and 1 selfish seagull - that's how I named them. They were waiting for us to share our lunch with them, and we did Bounce . While waiting for the bus, we saw one Cessna aircraft circling in the air. It had a banner and it read - Tracey, will you marry me? Scoob - It was soooo romantic ... hey, I am not being mushy-mushy, but you don't get to see a marriage proposal in the sky everyday, do we? We then took the train back to Perth, but later decided to stop over at Subiaco.Spaz I like Subiaco too. Subi has a lot of makan places and cafes, and the market was what I like most. It's like the market in Freo - there's flowers, clothes, accesories, reflexology centres, etc. etc., but the best ones are the ones in the wet market. The fruits and veges are fresh and aplenty. The stalls were crowded with people getting their weekly supplies I suppose. Most carried with them their own trolleys & boxes. The fruits, for instance, were really cheap as compared to Coles'. I bought some nougats, walnuts, china dates and strawberries. I bought some fish too - this time not the fillets or the cutlets. It's the whole fish. I was practically smiling from ear to ear ... I have survived on fish this far, and shall be too delighted to have something other than salmon and mackerel. And bananas for Lolly, as usual. We reached home at 5.30pm and had a really good dinner. Gosh, I cannot describe my appetite now. It's like I can eat a horse! This is horrifying! Australian Idol was the next agenda, until everybody decided to call it a day. Ok lah, tata for now. Till the next posting, selamat malam.

1 comment:

Sri_Kandi said...

Hey, don't mention it. Yeah, you should come to Perth one of these days. If you enjoy a not-so-hectic place, Perth has a lot to offer, from the city to the sea. I hope to hear more abt your new experience in school, till then mate.