Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Storm in My Heart

I have not gone to the uni. for 2 days. It's been very stormy for the past few days and the wind was howling like nobody's business. Last night it even sound eerie  . What a spring! This is my first spring here in Australia, and I really look forward to see the flowers bloom. I watched on TV quite recently about the Araluen Botanic Park here in Perth. Maybe I should just take a trip to the Park. I must see the many colored tulips that they have there. I saw some in the city, but I sure wish to see them at closer look. I received a card and a present from my Mak and Bapak today. My birthday is coming up soon. Carole from the office called me to pick up the parcel. Nothing beats the feelings of getting parcels from them, although I know they could be just mere medicines or vitamins. Hehehehe, it felt like a kid again. When I was small, I really couldn't wait for my birthday presents, though I have never asked for any. I was brought up never to ask things from others. Therefore, if you were to get any, you can imagine the delight in me. That has not changed much, I suppose there's still this little kid in me... not to mention of my keeping of Che' Matt, my best buddy '-)  . So, this is the first birthday abroad, far from my family and friends. My mum will usually prepare the beriyani and my other favourite dishes on my birthday and my Dad's. And this year, they sent me a bottle of perfume, of which is one of my favourite too. I am so happy ... But there will be no beriyani ... no Mak & Bapak ... I sure miss having them around...especially on my birthday :'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Cheer up! You've all the wonderful people praying and wishing all the best for you. I miss you very much and take care of yourself!Time flies very fast and enjoy yourself to the fullest.Tour around Australia and send all those wonderful photos and pictures to me. Glad to see those!Take care.

Sri_Kandi said...

Hey there :)
Thanks for the best wishes, and thanks for reminding me that I can always depend on my loved ones though they are not with me now. And that includes you too ...