Thursday, September 15, 2005

Terima Kasih

I celebrated my hari jadi all alone yesterday, the way I chose it to be. Nothing special, nothing fancy, no cakes, no friends, no loved ones (except for letting go of the fire alarm in the flat when I was frying the ikan merah). I wanted to keep it to myself, just for myself. I guess I have mellowed as much through the years, and I do find contentment in doing what I want and what I like most. This list is endless, but when I reflect on what I have had through out the years of my life, these are the ones that matter most to me.
  1. I am thankful to God the Almighty for bestowing me with good health and a healthy mind to walk on the face of this planet
  2. I am thankful to have my Mak and my Bapak who love me very much, who support me in every move that I make, and who are always willing to sacrifice anything for the sake of my well-being and my happiness
  3. I am thankful to have all the memories that I can keep with me of my Opah and my Tuk since the day I was born till the day I was left to be on my own, for which I shall forever hold close their endless belief and love in me
  4. I am thankful to have been brought up in Teluk Intan, one very insignificant, small outdated place to others, but one biggest, most special home to me regardless where I have been or where I am
  5. I am thankful to have been given opportunities upon opportunities when I thought I was really at the bottom-end of my life, when I thought giving up was the only solution I have in hand
  6. I am thankful to have gone through the bitterweet moments of knowing I have felt deeply for someone though I know I would never be able to be with him
  7. I am thankful to have (some) family and relatives whom I know I can always depend on
  8. I am thankful to have friends who really care for me, who really stand by me, through my ups and my downs, through all my temperaments and all my dreams
  9. I am thankful to have led a life that that has brought me to where and who I am now (academically, professionally & personally)
  10. But most of all, I am thankful to be just who I am

My Mak called to wish me Selamat Hari Jadi and my Bapak said always look forward and don't turn back anymore. He has hoped that every day of my life is a wonderful one.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Sri_Kandi said...

Thanks for the best wishes :). I must have sound like this one weirdo who enjoys her own company, but that's something that not many will probably experience. I wasn't "alone" in celebrating my birthday in the sense that I have my family's and friends' wishes with me (though they were not there physically). I guess, it isn't easy for me to allow people that I have just met to be part of the new phase in my life. I am afterall, a loner. Cheers!